Non-Essential Travel Ban "Lifted"

They announced the lifting of travel ban on October 15 or 16, effectively on October 21st.

Of course, I contacted (Oct. 19) my travel agent  to look for a date at makapagpa-rebook na ng flight.

She gave me a call (Oct. 22) and asked my preferred date, I said November to February. Aba she then told me na my ticket is valid for 6 months starting sa date of travel. Akala ko kase (according sa mga emails namin before) na ticket ko is valid until February 13, pero dapat completed na yon. Kaya pinipilit ko sana na makaalis bago masayang ang ticket. Kaya sige sabi ko November to April.

She emailed and gave 11162020-04072021, so sige bago ko i-confirm need ko muna makahanap ng travel and health insurance with COVID-19 coverage. Aba mahirap din ano.

Requirements for Outbound travels are:

1. Confirmed round trip ticket
2. Travel and Health Insurance with COVID-19 coverage
3. BI declaration
(4. Negative Antigen test result taken within 24 hours before departure - this was lifted on Oct. 30 effective immidiately).

But Korea still requires a negative RT-PCR test 48 hours prior departure. I called Makati Med and St. Lukes BGC as two nearest accredited hospitals to me to inquire on Oct. 29 and 30 and said no guarantee you can get the result immediately. Usually within 48 hours din ang result. I asked if merong rush since requirement sya ng airline, waley daw. 😕

Also KE requires 48hr negative PCR test result for inbound and transiting passengers.

Found some insurance companies:

1. Pacific Cross /
   - Travel and Health Insurance are sold separately.

2. Trawick / Travel Insurance PH / Safety Swing
   - para silang agency din na may iba ibang insurance company packages

3. Prudential Guarantee
    - didn't confirm if separate ang quote na binigay nila.

On Oct. 28, my sister realized na 14 hours ang layover ko in Incheon. Kaya I asked the agent if makakahanap pa sya ng date na may shorter layover. May nabigay sya on a later date, November 19. I said yes na.

October 29, decided na kame sa date and I emailed and texted her for go signal.

Last friday (Oct. 30), agent called says KE is asking for a copy of passport and contact details for contact tracing. I sent her right away. Yesterday (Nov. 2), she emailed me saying KE is still finalizing and hopefully by today may balita na. 

Hoping for a good news today.


UPDATE: November 6
Yesterday I talked to Ms. Jo, wala pa rin daw update from airline. Code na lang daw hinihintay nya to release ticket.

Sabi din nya, ang intindi nya sa PCR test ay after ng result not after the testing.

So today, I called KE again to confirm this. Korean na yun CSR nakausap ko, she said 48hours paglabas ng result, not from the time I took the swab test. Whew.

UPDATE 1.1 November 10
Nag follow up na naman ako with Ms. Jo LOL. She called me at ang sabi nya ok na yun ticket, pero kinabukasan pa nya maibibigay since sa office need i-release ang ticket. Yey

November 11
Finally, I have my e-ticket na. So trulili na ito. And before ko natanggap ang email ni Ms. Jo, nakapag-book na rin kame ni Ate ng flight ko going to Pittsburgh and Las Vegas.

UPDATE 1.2 November 18
I had my PCR test this morning at Manila Doctors. Nag fill up ako yesterday ng form for appointment. I saw a Park and Swab sa FB page ng MaDocs, before kase yun doon lang sa hospital or home service. Gusto ko na to kase maghintay man ako, nasa kotse lang ako. At first come first serve pa rin kase sila.

Late ako nagising this morning, plan ko sana is 6am pa-swab. But I woke up ng 7:30, naku nag ready agad ako. Pagdating ko don, may naka park na 2 sasakyan, and before ako makapag park, umalis na sila kaya ako na agad. Aba mabilis nga.

First kinuhaan ako ng temperature, then tinanong baket ko need. He then gave me a form to fill up again, then pagbigay ko, kasabay na payment. After payment, naghintay na lang ako ng few mins, then kumatok na si kuya na magsu-swab. First sa throat and then ilong. Medyo masakit ito dahil ang tigas ng swab, di flexible unlike sa PGH. Pero kebs, as long as nakunan nako.

I'm waiting for the result na lang.

UPDATE 1.3 November 18
RT-PCR result came out this evening, it's Negative!!!!!! I'm flying tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daiso Beauty White and Collagen

Biometrics Appointment

One year away from home