Getting engaged?

Jason and I talked yesterday. 

Since papalapit na ang pag uwi ko, 3 weeks na lang actually. After breakfast, I asked him what time he usually wakes up on weekends nung wala pa ako. Depende daw and asked why. 

I told him para we can facetime while he's having coffee or something. 

And then... pinatong nya kamay nya sa table, ang face nya sa palm nya at tumingin saken. Tanong nya "What should we do to keep you here?"

I know we both know the answer. Pero nahihiya ako sabihin sa kanya kung ano ang easiest way na alam ko. 

Kaya sumagot ako ng pwede ako maghanap trabaho dito, sabi nya "how about school visa?" sabi ko pwede din, need ko lang mag apply for sponsorship. School man o work. At sabi nya "There's one more, easiest and fastest" ako naman inosente look, dahil ayoko manggaling saken. Then sabi nya "and you know what it is".

"Get married?" with kunot noo, curious tone. And he said "do you want to?"

Sabi ko "of course, only if you want to"

So umikot sa kung gusto mo ba, gusto ko ba. LOL

Tapos sabi nya "you dont have to answer now, I want you to think about it. Give me an answer a day or two. There's a lot to give up: your life, your car, your fridge (nadamay pa no?!), you wont be able to see your dad and brother everyday, your friends, the beach..." natigilan ako, pero naisip ko na noon mga bagay na yan eh. Alam ko gusto ko sya kasama. Kaya sabi ko "I just want to be with you, everyday, to say good morning and goodnight, kiss you and hug you" Sya din "I want to say I love you everyday, wake up next to you, race home from work knowing I will see you". Sabi nya "are you willing to live here in the US, here in Nevada?"

Kaya ayon, it took us siguro 3 hours na nag usap. He's been thinking about it na raw for weeks, and sabi ko di man lang sya nagsasabi, parati kase sya tahimik pag sinasabi kong ang lapit na ng uwi ko. 

He was looking for rings na rin daw and showed me the proof (mga thursday pa yun mga saved pics sa phone nya). 

Inulit ulit nya sabihin pag isipan ko, ayaw daw nya na mag-oo ako just to settle, he said he wants me to want it. And I'm like, "I want it". 

On our way here sa apartment, nagsabi sya na naman mag isip ako, and he was hoping I'd say yes. Sabi ko sa kanya sya ba sure din at di napipilitan. Ayokong gawin nya ito just because he wanted me to be here, I want us to do it because parehas kame nararamdaman for each other. 

Basta I love him, he loves me, we want to be together. 

So I talked to the family and ask for guidance. Malaki ang igi-give up ko talaga sa Pilipinas, and I was not ready for this. I have a job back home, I have bills, I will miss my car and yes I will my fridge, I will miss eating beside my dad, I will miss the impromptu inuman or road trip with my friends. 

But I've been looking for love for so long too. And this is the time na puso ko muna isipin ko. 

Jason promised me we will visit Philippines and I can go home every year if I want to. And we can live in PH after 20 years maybe. And I am happy about that. 

So, dad, sister, brother, mom gave me their blessings already. Jason will tell his parents today and we are going to buy the ring tomorrow. 

Oh btw, he already has a date for a wedding ceremony next year. Hindi ko pa alam plans nya, pero may date na sya. 2-22-22. But for now, I guess we need to pick what date ang civil wedding and lakarin lahat ng kailangan lakarin. 

We're gonna be busy these coming days. 😉

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Daiso Beauty White and Collagen

Biometrics Appointment

One year away from home