On getting a Green Card

I will try to remember and share everything on my processing my papers here in the US.

May 3, 2021: Calderon Law Office
A month after the wedding we went back to the lawyer telling her we did get married and we're getting her as our Immigration Lawyer. 

She gave us the retainer agreement and we signed it. And paid the 50% non-refundable downpayment. Said she or they will handle everything. All we need to do is prepare and give her all the forms and requirements needed. Hanggang sa interview namin. 

Then all filing fees are:
Her fee is $4500, plus $50 for miscellaneous. So that's 50% down $2250 + $50 miscellaneous = $ 2300. 

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative $ 535.00
I-485 Adjustment of Status and Biometrics Fee $ 1,225.00
I-765 Application for Employment Authorization $ 0.00
I-131 Application for Travel Document $ 0.00

I-693 Immigration Medical Exam + Vaccines (Price depends on which clinic and what vaccines are you getting. I did mine at Partida Corona Medical Center and since I already had chicken pox, we only paid $400 instead of $560)

We paid everything sa lawyers office except the Medical. 

Atty. Vissia just asked us some questions na need ilagay sa mga forms namin. Said that submit na lang yon when my medical result is with us na. 

June 4, 2021: Immigration Medical
I did my medical. Supposedly May 6, but since I had my COVID-19 shot, tapusin na lang daw namin yon, and dapat 14 days after the shot tsaka lang ako pwede ulet ma-vaccinated. 

June 9, 2021: Immigration Medical Result
Medical result and dinala namin sa Calderon Office but the assistant said they already submitted our forms. Just hold on to the result and if USCIS requested for it, we will bring it to them na lang. 

So since we're already there, we paid our first installment of $500 for the atty's fee.

June 21, 2021: Receipt Notice
Received Receipt Notices from USCIS. Hintay daw kame ng another letter for appointment date. BTW, they received our packets on May 25th.

July 19, 2021: Payment & Notice letter
Went to Calderon's to pay our 2nd installment.

And when we arrived home, we received letters from Homeland Security / USCIS: One is my appointment notice for Biometrics Yey!; Second is Request for evidence - Jason's birth certificate. We need to submit it within 87 days. 

August 4, 2021: Biometrics/Fingerprints
Appointment is at 9am, we got there around 8:43. It was fast. 
You should arrive not more than 15mins from your appointment. Will make separate blog for this. 

Will update you soon.

....  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biometrics Appointment

Zoey Isla

My first Birthday and Christmas with JD